Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July...REALLY?!?!

WOW! Where has the time gone? I can't believe it's July already! This year is half way over. How can that be?!? I guess time flies when your having fun.
Here is an update of what has been going on since the last post.
On April 29, after 21 hrs of labor and 2 1/2 hrs of pushing, our precious little boy made his arrival at 3:21 am!

Man was he worth the wait! He is the cutest sweetest baby ever! I am so proud and honored to be his mommy!
Although sometimes I feel all my life is right now is makings sure we stay on a feeding/sleeping schedule and tracking poopy diapers I wouldn't change a thing! This little guy has brought us so much joy and we often wonder what we did without him!
I had my first mothers day in May (Greyson was only a week old) and it was wonderful. We had lunch with the family at mom and dad's. All the guys even CLEANED THE KITCHEN! What a treat! :)



My little brother graduated from high school! I can't believe this. It makes me feel so old! But we are so proud of him and can not wait to see what he will accomplish! Way to go Scotty!



We had the Chesser Reunion in June. Everyone was so excited to meet Greyson. He did great! I think I was more stressed out about the whole thing then he was. (This was our first trip with him). He was such a trooper in the car. We only had to stop to feed once each way and to change his diaper! I'm so glad we have such a good little traveler.



We spent July 4th weekend in Dallas with Shanes family. We had people over to his parents house for food and fireworks. It was so good seeing some Dallas friends and let them meet Greyson. Again Greyson did AMAZING in the car. I hope he keeps this up! :)



Greyson is now 2 months old (11 weeks on Friday) and he is getting so big so fast! At his 2 month check up he weighed 14.9 lbs (95%) 24in (80%) and his head was 15 3/4 (50%). This kid likes to eat! :) He is on a good schedule now. He eats every 4 hours, he is sleeping a good 7-8 hrs at night (sometimes longer) and he takes a short nap in the morning but a really good nap in the after noon and another short nap in the evening. He is such a good baby I couldn't' ask for him to be any better! I love watching him learn and discover new things. He loves to stare at the crosses on our wall. He can talk to the animals that hang down from his bouncer or swing for hours. (This cracks me up because he will just talk and laugh...its so cute!) He has the best smile ever that just melts my heart! I love to cuddle and rock him and could talk and play with him for hours!
I feel my summer slipping away from me and I am not ready to go back to work. The thought of leaving him all day makes me cry! I know he will be fine I just LOVE being home with him. I am so grateful he was born when he was so I could have so much time at home with him and not just 6 weeks. I just keep remembering that I'm a teacher I get LOTS of holidays! :)
I will leave you with some recent pictures of him. ENJOY!





2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you, Lorie!!! He's an angel!!! It's almost our birthday. :) I got married on April 2nd and now i live in Washington State! I am now Mrs. Kim Ray! :)My blog is www.TheSunshineRays.blogspot.com

    Thinking of you... Love ya! Frazier :)
    Lindsay Summie calls me F-RAY-zier now. Funny, huh? Ray?! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update! You seem so happy and blessed. Greyson in a beautiful baby. I'm so glad he's an easy baby, and such a good traveler. A major plus when you have family out of the area. Keep the posts coming! And I hope to meet him soon!

    ReplyDelete